Invitation for TD Application
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
WINTER TECHNICAL DIRECTOR POSITIONS (Length of term: 2020-2023)
- ALPINE SKIING
- CROSS COUNTRY SKIING
- ICE HOCKEY
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
SUMMER TECHNICAL DIRECTOR POSITIONS (Length of term: 2020-2021)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF TECHNICAL DIRECTOR INCLUDE:
• Be responsible for efficient and effective management of the specific sporting events during your selected term.
• Be fully knowledgeable of current/latest-updated International Sport Federation (ISF) rules and regulations of the specific sport.
• Where and when required, be available to oversee the selected sport competition at Winter / Summer Deaflympics and World Deaf Championships.
• Liaise with ICSD Secretariat, ICSD Vice President-World Sports and/or ICSD Technical Commission where appropriate and local organizing committee in developing procedures and rules for conduct of the sport at the Winter / Summer Deaflympics and World Deaf Championships
• Advise and assist the local organizing committee in preparation of competition schedules for the specific sport program of the Winter / Summer Deaflympics and World Deaf Championships
• Serve as an official representative of the ICSD on the specific sport Technical Committee and Protest Committee as established by the local organizing committee.
• Record non-participation of athletes who have registered but failed to start at the Deaflympics and World Deaf Championships and provide it to the ICSD Secretariat.
• Provide complete results to the ICSD Secretariat at the end of daily competition during the Winter / Summer Deaflympics and World Deaf Championships.
• Write a technical report together with full results and submit to the ICSD Secretariat wherever appropriate one (1) day after the conclusion of the Winter / Summer Deaflympics and no later one (1) month after the conclusion of the World Deaf Championships.
• you must have a proven commitment your sport.
• ideally you will have experience of your sport at major international competitions as an athlete, coach or official.
• you must be able to communicate in International Sign.
• you should also be able to communicate in written English.
• you should be comfortable dealing with senior sports managers.
The positions are voluntary and are often filled by former athletes looking to give something back to their sport. All expenses when making trips on behalf of the ICSD will be covered. The ICSD Secretariat also supports Technical Directors in their work.
Applicants must also provide two letters of support: one of these must come from the applicant's National Deaf Sports Federation.
1) Your Letter of Interest
2) Your Resume (CV)
3) Your Federation’s Letter of Support
4) Other NDSF’s Letter of Support
Please submit by e-mail: email@example.com Deadline is 01 April 2020