1st World Deaf Karate Championships and 1st World Deaf Taekwondo Championships in 2021
I. R. Iran Deaf Sports Federation (Iran) has been confirmed as the host of the 1st World Deaf Karate Championships and 1st World Deaf Taekwondo Championships. The Karate and Taekwondo Championships will take place in Kish Isaland, Iran on 19-24 November 2021.
Kish is a 91.5-square-kilometre resort island in Bandar Lengeh County, Hormozgān Province, off the southern coast of Iran in the Persian Gulf. Owing to its free trade zone status, the island is touted as a consumer's paradise, with numerous malls, shopping centres, tourist attractions, and resort hotels. It has an estimated population of almost 40,000 residents and about 1 million visitors annually. Kish Island is one of the most-visited vacation destinations in the Middle East. Kish International Airport is built in the center on an elevated area 35–40 m above sea level.
As ICSD has already agreed and based on religion beliefs, Iran will host both World Deaf Karate and Taekwondo Championships for Men and Women separately and all team members should observe religion codes and women athletes and women officials should cover their hair in public during their stay in our country.
1. Sport Halls:
- Kish Island Sport Complex Khalij Fars Sport Hall
- Kish Island Sport Complex Ghadir Sport Hall
- Kish Island Sport Complex Kosar Sport Hall
2. Entry Fees: $100USD Per Person / Per Day for Accommodation (Double Room), 3 Meals a day and Local Transportation
3. Entry Fees: $120USD Per Person / Per Day for Accommodation (Single Room), 3 Meals a day and Local Transportation
4. OC Participation Fee: $60USD (Per Athlete and Per officials)
5. PCR Test if required $35USD per person and each time
6. All amounts should be paid in cash upon arrival on Kish Island.
7. Date of Arrival: 18 November 2021
8. Competition Days: 19 November 2021 to 24 November 2021
9. Date of Departure: 25 November 2021
10. Kish Island is about 1 hour and 30 minutes away from Tehran, capital of Iran (Teams can fly to Kish Island on Domestic Flights).
11. Any team wishes the assistance of the OC to buy their domestic flight tickets (Tehran-Kish Island-Tehran) for them, they should inform the OC in writing well advance and send the valid, clear and readable passport scans of all their team members (Athletes and Officials) to OC.
12. Domestic Flight Fare (Tehran-Kish Island-Tehran) is $100USD per person.
13. Visa: All team members should send to OC:
- The scan of their valid passports (to be valid at least 6 months after the competition is over)
- Scan of the photo of each person (JPG Format)
14. Teams should observe the deadlines according the Forms for the Accommodation, Flight Details, and Delegation Name List, etc.