ICSD President's Message on Extraordinary Congress
Dear athletes and members,
I would like to provide you with more information about the recent request for an ICSD Extraordinary Congress (EC) received on 27 July 2018:
• An ICSD Executive Board meeting took place on 28-29 July in Yerevan, Armenia during which Dr Rukhledev resigned and I was appointed the new ICSD President.
• Some signatory members to the EC request were not in good standing at the time of the request, having debts outstanding to ICSD.
• Some signatory members to the EC request have since withdrawn their support for an EC.
As a result of these points, there is considerable confusion as to whether the EC request is valid or not. There has also been some debate about whether signatory members need to be in good standing or not. In order to ensure fairness for all ICSD members given the high cost involved in an EC, a new EC request is required that meets the following conditions:
• Section 9.2 of the ICSD Constitution.
• Each signatory to the EC request must be dated on or after the 24 August 2018.
• Each signatory must settle any outstanding debts before making the EC request.
Once ICSD receives an EC request that meets these conditions, we will be happy to organise it. As part of the Reform Program we will also improve the relevant parts of the Constitution for future ECs. In the meantime, we are working hard to address the issues raised in the emails and discussing your concerns directly with you where we can. Should you have any further concerns, I am happy to discuss them with you personally.
Posted on 24 Aug 2018